Capital Mills invests in particular in Benelux companies. We can provide early stage development and growth capital. We are looking for companies in which we recognize the following criteria:
Meaning & Money
The best companies are financially successful and socially relevant. Whether it’s because you’re concretely contributing to a better environment, it helps your employees and your environment, or both, or more. If your mission is meaning & amp; Money, it fits well with our ambition to create a foundation for long-term success.
From our academic and practical experience, we have put together a toolbox with dozens of concrete steps that you can put on your way to meaning & Money.
Market and sector focus
Our expertise lies in the field of IT and the Internet. By investing in companies active in these markets, we can maximize the knowledge and experience of our investors. We strongly believe in the Saas model, cloud-based services to distinguish in b-to-b or b-to-c from existing market parties.
We invest and assist the entrepreneur. We do not take over the leadership. The entrepreneur and his or her team are decisive factors for a successful strategy. Confidence in your team is therefore an essential precondition. We also feel that it is important that we have something to add ourselves, so that we can work on realising the plans together.
It is important that we recognise the following elements: qualities to manage and grow the company; commitment and enthusiasm; the right timing in a market where there is a demonstrable demand for the product or service.
We strive for investments between € 500,000 and € 1,500,000 in companies where we can acquire a substantial minority interest:
- Preferably Dutch companies;
- A turnover of at least € 250.000 or similar traction;
- A strong management team with a track record of delivering results;
- Investment needs of up to €5 million until the exit;
- Cash positive or a demonstrable plan to get cash positive;
- A clear and feasible plan for growth through technological innovation.
We do not invest in the following:
- Production companies that sell physical products in large quantities;
- Companies that do not have an earnings model;
- Companies that do not offer a scalable product or service;
- Consultancy companies.